I recently purchased a used 2017 F-150 XLT 302A SuperCrew truck. I jumped ahead quite a few years from my 2006 truck I was previously driving. One thing I was pleasantly surprised about was the technology Ford has in its vehicles. In particular the Ford Pass application.
So I installed the Ford Pass app on my iPhone and went through the process of signing up. You need to create a login/password and then use you VIN to register the vehicle. In my truck I had to acknowledge that it would be connected to Ford Pass.
Next thing I know, I open up the Ford Pass app on my phone and have access to a ton of features. Best of all, it’s free! I emailed the dealership to ask them about it and apparently it used to be free for a couple years and then you had to pay, but now it is just free in general. I think it probably works well for them, because they can advertise to me when I need an oil change or service, plus they are likely getting access to statistics about me.
Your truck is connected over the cellular network and thus you can have and control and information about it whenever it is in range of a cell tower.
Features of Ford Pass
I’ll list off as many features as I can remember or have been using. These are available from the application on your phone.
- Unlock and lock the doors – Incredibly useful if you think you may have left your vehicle unlocked or if someone needed to get something out of the vehicle and you are not there you can just talk them on their cell and unlock for them.
- Start/stop the vehicle remotely – I have used this a few times while at events in the winter time and I’m in a stadium. I can remote start my vehicle without needing to be in range with the remote.
- Extend the run time if it has been remotely started.
- Schedule a remote start for a certain time – I use this sometimes in the winter when I’m leaving from work.
- Fuel level – This also estimates the distance you can drive until empty.
- Vehicle location – finds it on the map
- Tire pressure
- Oil life – How close you are to an oil change.
- Owner’s manual
- Tracks your “journeys” so you can see where you went and how long it took.
Leave a Reply