In July of 2010 I was in Israel on a tour for a week. Anyhow, I stayed at the Deborah Hotel in Tel Aviv for one night. I’ll summarize my experience on it.
Overall it is a decent hotel in my opinion. The cost was hidden from me as I had paid an overall package tour price. Our guess was that it was around US$130 a night for the room.
- It was only a few minutes walking distance from the beach. The hotel provided towels for the beach as well.
- There was free, wireless internet that worked throughout the entire hotel (I was on the 11th floor!).
- There are dining facilities as well that served a decent buffet for both breakfast and dinner.
- The rooms were clean and had air conditioning.
- The street it is on has a bus that runs right in front of the hotel that will get you to the old town (Jaffa). I think it was bus #10.
- Across the street there is laundry facilities and just south half a block is a grocery store.
- Across the street to the south is a money exchange shop that doesn’t take a commission. When comparing to other tour group members I definitely got the best rate as far as I could tell.
Not really much to complain about. The stairway to the dining room seemed rather dirty. We also had an unfriendly receptionist when we arrived at 3AM, but she continued to be unfriendly on future occasions as well.
Beach Only 5 Minutes Walk Away
View From Top Floor of Deborah Hotel
Overall I would recommend it and say you will be satisfied with staying there if you are looking for a cheap place with quick access to the beach. For reference, it is really close to the Sheraton which is right on the beach.